Saturday, June 24, 2006

I Went to a Garden Picnic...

I spent most of the day running errands and cleaning (and no, I haven't gotten any writing done yet). Since the weather was so nice today, Eugene and I had a picnic at the Chicago Botantic Gardens. You can't actually eat inside the gardens, but there's a picnic area by the parking lot that you can use. We had wine, lemonade, sourdough bread, Brie cheese, German potato salad, meatloaf, and berries mixed with fruit dip. We enjoyed it, as did the birds and chipmunks hanging around. Afterwards, we walked around the gardens for a bit. We didn't see the swans this time, but we did see a great blue heron. Unfortunately, it was too far away for us to take a good picture; even Eugene's powerful lenses weren't up to the job. We left shortly before sunset and browsed a bit at CompUSA before returning home.

P.S. We did take some pictures, but since it's so late, I'd rather wait until tomorrow to upload them.

No comments:

Site Meter