Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Summer Goals

Do you count the first day of summer from Memorial Day or from the solstice? I prefer the solstice myself, but the weather is certainly getting hot enough for summer around here. With the advent of summer, I'm trying to think of goals I'd like to accomplish this season. It's harder than it seems.

For my family/personal life, I'd like to go on a few picnics and maybe visit the beach. (We may check that off this weekend, though we may go to a local beach instead of Lake Michigan or the Indiana Dunes.) It would be nice to go on a trip somewhere, even if it's just for a weekend. So far, we haven't picked a date or a destination, so we might not be able to accomplish this one. Hopefully we can at least pick some fruit or attend a local festival.

As for writing, I'd like to finish edits on Twinned Universes before I attend ChiCon at the end of August. I'm more than halfway through, but I still want to go through the whole thing one more time before I move on from developmental edits. I'm currently working on a short story, and I'd like to publish a couple more shorter pieces this year in addition to Twinned Universes. 

Hopefully my writing and personal goals won't prove to be incompatible. Have you made any plans or set goals for this summer? 

2 comments:

Catherine Stine said...

Hi Sandra
I signed on to Camp Nano June & August in order to nudge me to complete a draft of the sequel to my sci-fi thriller, Fireseed One. That's my summer goal. Following your blog now.
Catherine Stine’s Idea City

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Nice to have you here, Catherine!

Being accountable for one's goals is definitely a good motivator. I've done NaNoWriMo twice and won each time, but I'm not happy with what I wrote. Maybe I need to set some more manageable goals for myself instead.

Site Meter