Friday, March 09, 2012

Science of the Week, 3/9/12

Hi, everyone. I have a couple of announcements before I get into the science links for the week.

First, in order to free up more time for writing, I plan to drop down to three posts a week. Monday will be devoted to author interviews, Wednesday will be open topic, and Friday will be the science links as usual. I'll be dropping Ten-Word Tuesday, but those were random posts anyway.

Second, if you haven't stopped by Smashwords yet for their sale, you should before it ends tomorrow night. My short story "The Book of Beasts" is free with code RE100, and Lyon's Legacy is now 75% off with code REW75.

Now, time for science!

Building invisibility cloaks starts small


Neutrino insight could help explain missing anti-matter

Scientists revolutionize electron microscope

Nanotrees harvest the sun, make hydrogen fuel

Europeans boast of meat supplement breakthrough

New hope for natural-feeling neuroprosthetics


That's all for this week. Enjoy your weekend, and see you Monday!

2 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Oooh I'm gonna retweet this to see if I can help you drum up some interest on the giveaway.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks, Michael!

Site Meter