Friday, December 08, 2017

Science of the Week--12/8/17

Here are some of the most interesting science news articles I read this week:

Diet success may depend on your DNA

Study finds reading information aloud to yourself improves memory

"Poop pill" capsule research paves the way for simpler C. difficile treatment

Why do we see similarities across languages? Human brain may be responsible

Bird evolves virtually overnight to keep up with invasive prey

A random blog post

Reading on electronic devices may interfere with science reading comprehension
(Given that I read that on my laptop, I probably didn't understand it properly)

Engineers 3-D print a "living tattoo"

The varieties of aging in nature

Rarity can be key to survival, not just extinction

Finally, this is the anniversary of John Lennon's death, I have to share one of his songs. This year, it's an obscure song called "Hey Bulldog," off the Yellow Submarine soundtrack:



Have a good weekend, and see you Monday!





2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

A random blog post - I like that one!

PT Dilloway said...

Hey Bulldog, now that's a good song. 🐶

Site Meter