Saturday, March 04, 2006

Signs of Spring

Earlier today as I was running errands, I was so warm I not only turned the heater off in my car, I even opened the windows. That's pretty amazing for a thermophile like me. Also, as I drove home, I saw a flock of birds in the sky. They were amassed like a levitating blob morphing into heart-like shapes. I can just see Ysabel (one of my characters from Day; she has animal magic) guiding them into even more precise patterns. Must make mental note for possible use later on.

Word count for the afternoon: 661 words on Key, writing an entire scene from Julia's POV. Whether or not it's a good scene remains to be, er, seen; I think I'm spinning my wheels and repeating things I've established in previous scenes. Still, at least I'm getting words down. Perhaps I'm finally letting my inner editor release her firm grip on my fingers. Besides, Key is in first draft mode; aren't first drafts allowed to suck? I don't have that excuse with Day, but again, I need to outline that. Perhaps I'll have some time for that tonight between dinner and our departure for the musical.

Speaking of dinner, I'd better preheat the oven and let the dough come to room temperature.

No comments:

Site Meter