Friday, March 03, 2006

Infinite Nothingness

That's what I got this morning when I tried to reply to a topic on one of my message boards: an endless stream of zeroes. I thought at first it was a problem with my mouse, but when I tried using the touchpad on my laptop, that didn't fix it. I opened one of my novels and got the same thing, even after playing with some of the keys. At first I worried the keyboard was damaged and that I'd have to return my laptop to Dell for service, which is something I've had to do before. Then I decided to reboot my laptop to see if the problem would disappear. Obviously, it did. Maybe I shouldn't be putting my laptop on Standby so much; I should have left it on overnight last night so it could run a virus scan. I can set up a scan when I know I'll be away from the computer for a while.

OK, time to check my experiment, then start writing.

No comments:

Site Meter