Saturday, March 18, 2006

Catching Up

Well, despite my poor word count yesterday, I made up for it today with 798 words in Key. I stand a good chance of meeting my weekly goal tomorrow after all. Still, it will be nice once this marathon is over in another week. It's good to push myself like this, but I do need a break every so often.

In between my writing sessions today, Eugene and I went to his brother's birthday party. As is typical of his family, they had a large party with guests filling the living room, dining room, and kitchen. There was also lots of food. We took pictures of Jason and Marissa, his girlfriend, with his cake. Eugene so some especially good ones, so I'll wait for him to send those too me before I post them. Besides, I have to admit I'm feeling too lazy to upload the pictures. Perhaps I'll take care of them tomorrow or later this week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandra, what you described as the norm for Eugene and his family, the way the celebrate birthdays brings back so many memories of my youth. We lived in a tiny, tiny, apartment but we always had tons of family around, lots of food, laughter, teasing each other. I miss those get togethers so much. I am so happy to read that these get togethers are still going strong in Eugene's family.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Yes, what you described is a typical get-together in Eugene's family. We should have you over for one!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am giving you my RSVP. YES!! Oh, but WHEN!!!! I am still working out the details for this one. It will be soon. Again, thank you so much for the invite. I can't wait to meet you two, and the rest of the gang.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

We'd love to have you visit anytime, but at this point, I have no idea if Eugene's family would have a shindig going on when you're in town. Scheduling is everything. Please keep us updated on any possible trips you might be planning. Do you have our e-mails, BTW?

Anonymous said...

Thank you, you are so sweet. I'd love to meet you two, no parties necessary. But, if it is the right weekend, hey why not ;) No, I do not have your email address, I will get it from Russ and I'll email you mine, okay?

Russ said...

DNYer, I think I told you about the backyard fests Eugene's family throws, no? I at least told you about the party after the rehearsal dinner.

Site Meter