Tuesday, March 21, 2006

High Score!

I have a bad habit of playing games while I write. One of my favorites is Text Twist on Yahoo! The object of the game is to see how many different words (three to six letters) you can make from a six-letter word. You also have to get the six-letter word in order to advance. I'll play a round or two, then I'll go back to my story and write some more. Today I did well on both accounts. I wrote 607 words in Key, and I got a new high score in Text Twist. My previous high score was 151,990; tonight I reached 174,620. I had occasional help from Eugene; whenever he passed my computer, he helped me with the six-letter word if I hadn't already gotten it. But most of this was my doing. The bad news is that since Yahoo! logs you out every 24 hours, I passed my sign-in time and lost my high score. (And no, that doesn't mean I was playing for over 24 hours; I'm not that crazy.) Ah well, at least I can immortalize my score here.

No comments:

Site Meter