Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dances with Mousetraps

As I stated earlier, Eugene and I went to a comedy show in Waukegan tonight. We had dinner first with Kristi and Lyle, so it was nice seeing them again. The performers in the comedy show were Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood, both of Who's Line Is It Anyway? I was worried at first I would have a variable obstructed view (behind a tall person), but I still managed to see the show well enough.

I can't even begin to describe how much we laughed tonight. I quickly reached the point where I started to cough, and then I got exhausted from laughing. Eugene must have more laughter stamina than I do. Here's a brief recap of some of the highlights (keep in mind this is all improv comedy):

* Five children on stage honking bicycle horns to make Colin and Brad change what they had just said. The kids did it so much Brad took the horns away from a couple of them.

* Brad "shooting" Colin's leg to stop him from break-dancing. (Well, Colin is Canadian, so I suppose it was for the best.)

* A "Sound Effects" game where one of the audience members, a woman, had to make sounds for Brad. Her bullhorn effects were so bad Colin said Brad had the "gay" button pushed on his bullhorn, and instead of making a booming sound, she just said, "Explosion." Even I can do better than that!

* Wearing edible orange underware, a bunny suit, and a sombero, Brad stole hamburgers and hot dogs from Jimmy Hoffa and tied the fourth amoeba with dental floss in Soakatoea with a catapault and a bowling ball. Don't ask me how I remembered all of that.

For the last game, Colin and Brad blindfolded themselves, took off their shoes and socks, and played an alphabet game on a stage covered with live mousetraps. (It was fun watching them go off on the table during setup.) Mousetraps got caught on their feet and pants; I cringed more than I laughed. By the end, Colin and Brad were throwing the mousetraps at each other. I'll never look at that game the same way again.

It was a great show, and if they come back next year, hopefully we can see them.

Final writing marathon update: this afternoon, I wrote 559 words. I think I'll wait until tomorrow evening to summarize the marathon; now it's time to go to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandra, oh Sandra, where are you? Hey you two. My cousin Gus just flew in from Athens. So, when are you two coming to visit?

Site Meter