Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Happy Birthday, IWSG!

 

This month, the Insecure Writer's Support Group celebrates its twelfth birthday. If you're not familiar with them, you can learn more about them on their website and Facebook group.

Our hosts this month are Sonia Dogra, J Lenni Dorner, Pat Garcia, Sarah at the Faux Fountain Pen, and Meka James.

Here's our questions for September: The IWSG celebrates 12 years today! When did you discover the IWSG, how do you connect, and how has it helped you?

I don't remember when I discovered the IWSG, but I know I've been participating for a couple of years at least. I learned about them through Alex J. Cavanaugh's blog. (Alex has been kind enough to appear on this blog, host me on his, and comment regularly. Thanks for your thoughtfulness, Alex!) Participating in this group has allowed me to connect with other writers, though unfortunately real-life obligations make it difficult for me to follow and comment on other blogs these days. 

If you're reading this post as part of the IWSG, thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the celebration!

8 comments:

A Hundred Quills said...

Hi Sandra! Happy IWSG Day. Thank you for posting. We each get caught in the web of life and to balance our blogging lives with everyday living can get tough. I wish you all the best!
-Sonia

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Always happy to visit and support you. I think you've been with us for most of that time as well.

Sarah Foster said...

I, too, struggle to comment on as many other blogs as I'd like, but it's nice to know that the IWSG is always there.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I don't visit new people as often as I should. Some months, it's all I can do to hit the regulars.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Happy IWSG day!

J Lenni Dorner said...

Connecting is so very important!
The IWSG is celebrating 12 years today, which is so amazing for a blogging community of writers. A dozen years of support! 🎉
"The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library." – Albert Einstein quote
September is library card sign-up month! Get one, use one, and be grateful such places exist.

J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Speculative Fiction &Reference Author, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, and Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge

Steven Arellano Rose Jr. said...

I know what you mean by those real-life obligations! I dont get to read and comment on as many blog posts as I'd like either.

chickangell said...

I am struggling to get in the routine of even blogging monthly, let alone visiting all the stops. But I am building a routine to help me hopefully do better. www.heidiangell.com

Site Meter