Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Characters/Scenes Living in Your Head

How much do you think about the characters from your stories? For me, some of them (like the Season Avatars) take up more of my attention than others (like Abigail from my cozy mystery or characters from my short stories). For me, the more I think about certain characters, the more I want to write them. Sometimes it helps me plan scenes so that they actually flow when I can write them down. Other times, it helps me get ideas for events, but it's still a struggle to get the words out. Just some random thoughts at the end of a long work day when it's easier to write about writing than actually writing.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I still think about my characters, especially the ones in my series. Probably why it was a series.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

When I was working on my 5 book series, I actually dreamed about the main characters in the first two books. That was so special!

Site Meter