Wednesday, April 27, 2022

April Writing Update

It doesn't feel like I have much progress to report this month. I've made little or no headway on revising Restaurants and Revenge or drafting Bubble Tea and a Body. However, I have a very rough draft of a hopepunk short story tentatively titled "Invasives." It's one of those stories that was inspired by an article I read recently. Depending how the story develops in the next week, I may submit it to the Imagine 2200 Climate Fiction contest, though I doubt that's the best fit for it. If it isn't selected, I have other potential markets in mind for this story.

I have made some slight progress on Jenna's story for the Season Avatars collection The Season Between. Yesterday, I came up with an alternate version for the overarching story that would link them all. The concept works better in a couple of ways than what I'd originally planned, though my characters' motives need to be developed more for it to work. 

Although it's two months too soon for my semiannual reading report, I'm happy to say I've read 49 books so far this year, leaving me slightly ahead of goal. My reading does slow down in summer when I walk outside instead of using the treadmill, so we'll see how I fare by early July.

No comments:

Site Meter