Wednesday, September 02, 2020

IWSG: A Beta Partner of Your Dreams

We made it to September and another post for the Insecure Writer's Support Group. Learn more about them on their website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed.

Our hosts this month are PJ Colando, J Lenni Dorner, Deniz Bevan, Kim Lajevardi, Natalie Aguirre, and Lousie-Fundy Blue.

 Here's our question for today: If you could choose one author, living or dead, to be your beta partner, who would it be and why?

I would have to pick my favorite author, Patricia A. McKillip. McKillip is a master of evoking a sense of wonder and magic. She excels at description (something I always feel I need to improve in my work), and she's so creative she has multiple stand-alone works. I would learn a lot more from her than she would from me.

I had the honor of meeting Patricia McKillip at WisCon several years ago (It must have been 2004, when she was a Guest of Honor), so I'll share my autograph from that event, even though it's not personalized.



Which author would you pick as a beta partner? Feel free to share your answer in the comments.



 


 

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Double cool you got to meet her. I could certainly use help with my descriptions.

Deniz Bevan said...

Love the title of that book! I hadn't realised that this month's IWSG question would leave to discovering so many interesting authors!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I almost met Anne McCaffrey, but sadly too late now. So it's wonderful you met Patricia.

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Sandra! Thank you for introducing me to Patricia A. McKillip. That's been the fun of this month's question: learning about great authors I didn't know. And how fun that you got to meet her. My pick was Stephen King, but I've never had the honor of meeting him. Happy writing in September!

Site Meter