Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Books I've Loved to Death

Many book lovers feel that the physical format of the book should be protected at all costs. They always use bookmarks, store their books properly, and keep them pristine. I'm more interested in the content than the container. I often use unconventional things to mark my place in a book or leave it upside down. Sometimes (though not often) I even write in books. Here are a few books that I've used so much over the years that they're falling apart:

I've had this copy of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance since high school. This book has the most annotations I've ever written in a single book.


















 Every morning, I read a page from this book. I've been doing it so long that this is actually the second copy of this book. I think pretty soon I'll need to get a third copy.











Cookbooks get a lot of use. I've had the bread machine cookbook for well over twenty years--and I'm still finding new recipes I want to try. I like the vegetarian cookbook so much I've given a copy to a friend. It might be time to replace that one soon too.









How do you treat your books? Are they in good shape, or are they falling apart like mine? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I know our cookbooks are a mess. Think the only other book I own that's worn is my Bible, but that's safe now as I read my eBook version.

Site Meter