Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Formatting Fun

I've gone through Summon the Seasons once for a developmental edit, though I have a feeling there may be scenes that I'll want to revise again before I'm satisfied. In the meantime, I've been formatting the manuscript. I use a template that I bought from Book Design Templates. It's simple to use and works for both eBooks and paperbacks. I still have to comb through the manuscript to make sure everything looks right, and I always order a paper proof to check formatting. Formatting gets easier with practice, though.

How do you format your books? Do you use a special program or work with Word? Do it yourself or hire it out? Feel free to share in the comments.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My publisher handles formatting, so I've never had to format a book.

PT Dilloway said...

I use Word for ebooks. Draft2Digital processes a PDF that makes a decent paperback.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I prepare print books in Word, but then I use the program most publishers use for the finished product, Adobe InDesign.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

You can't make it any easier than that, Alex!

Pat, I make my paperbacks through CreateSpace using a PDF I export from Word.

I might have to check that program out sometime, Diane!

Site Meter