Friday, February 12, 2016

Science of the Week, 2/12/16

Obviously, the most important science news this week is the discovery of gravitational waves. It's not every day you prove black holes really exist and confirm both Einstein and Darth Vader were right. Here are a couple of articles on the topic:

Gravitational waves found: how we proved the power of the dark side

Gravitational waves discovered from colliding black holes

 Watch how gravitational waves dance across the universe (video)


Here are some of the other interesting science news articles I read this week:

A new-generation exoskeleton helps the paralyzed to walk

Online shopping might not be as green as we thought

Researchers seek efficient means of splitting water

Anti-aging drug rapamycin looks safe in tests

Gross creepy-crawly inspires robot design

Engineers 3D-print a new lifelike liver tissue for drug screening

New record for fastest data transmission


Have a good weekend, and I'll see you Monday!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yeah, no one cares about the new planet anymore.
Have a great weekend! I'm heading out for vacation tomorrow.

Maria Zannini said...

Greg and I were discussing the gravitational waves yesterday. Now that they've proven them, the next step is learning how they work.

After that it's only a matter of time before they can recreate the effect on a (minuscule) level for anti-grav devices and ships.

I hope it's in my lifetime.

PT Dilloway said...

I don't suppose the gravitational waves will mean much for me.

Site Meter