Friday, December 18, 2015

Science of the Week, 12/18/15

At long last, The Force Awakens! My family and I were supposed to see the movie last night, but since my son had his tae-kwon-do test then, we had to reschedule. Luckily we were able to get tickets for this evening. No spoilers, please!

Anyway, here are some of the most interesting science news articles I read this week:

Helping others dampens the effects of everyday stress

New microscope create near-real-time videos of nanoscale process

U mad bro? Computers now know when you're angry

New results from world's most sensitive dark matter detector

Humans evolved to get better sleep in less time
(This doesn't explain my insomnia, though)

Fish oil helps transform fat cells from storage to burning

I'm not sure yet how much blogging I'll do over the holidays. While I have the next two weeks off, I expect to spend most of my time taking care of household chores and my son, seeing family, and writing/editing. I need to plan some down time for myself too. Whatever you have planned for the rest of the month, enjoy it!






3 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

I take fish oil pills and they don't seem to be making me skinnier. Helping others does make you feel better, something to keep in mind this time of year.

Maria Zannini said...

Enjoy Star Wars. We'll see you when we see you.

Merry Christmas!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm seeing it this afternoon. No way would I go to a midnight showing though, of any movie. Too wild and I'd just fall asleep.
Enjoy!

Site Meter