Wednesday, February 12, 2014
What Do You Want Your Indie Life to Look Like?
At this point, I'm still a long way from living a 100% indie life. But why do I seek it so determinedly? Because this is what I want from life:
1. A chance to live my life according to what I feel gives it its meaning.
2. A chance to control my time, my working environment, and my projects.
3. A chance to do something that will help others.
4. A chance to connect with others, especially with those who are "in my tree."
5. A chance to keep learning and developing, both as an author and as a person.
Whatever you want out of your indie life, I hope you find it. And if someone, say in traditional publishing, tells you that going indie is wrong, igore them and listen to Billy Joel instead:
P.S. I have a short story up today on Indie Writers Monthly if you'd like to stop by.