Monday, January 20, 2014

Blog Ring of Power Interview: Tracy Jorgesen

Today I have with me Tracy Jorgesen, who's going to tell us about her writing life. Here's the complete schedule for her interview:

About You--Emily--1/17
The Creative Process--Vicki--1/21
About Your Current Work--Terri--1/22
Words of Wisdom--Theresa--1/23


What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine? Do you use pen and paper or computer? Work at home or at the library/Starbucks, etc. 

I find I have to start with free-writing to really get into the writing mood. I wish I could be more regular about it, but I have three jobs, two kids, and a partridge in a pear tree. Err, I mean a house to clean. But I sit at my computer, free write, set a word goal and then reward myself with a twix if I reach it. I usually have a chat window open to keep my mind flowing and a browser window open for research as it comes up.
  
How do you balance writing with other aspects of your life? 

Hahahahaha. I don’t. But I’m working on that. 

When do you write? 

Naptime.
  
How much time per day do you spend on your writing? 

Not enough. It’s so inconsistent. If I’m doing a first draft then I try to dedicate at least two hours per writing session so I can make real progress and get into it before I have to stop.

What has been the most surprising reaction to something you’ve written? 

When my husband read my first chapter once, I heard him actually laugh out loud. I didn’t realize I was funny enough for that.
  
Other than your family, what has been your greatest source of support? 

Agent Query Connect. Hands down, the best. 

How do you deal with rejection and/or negative reviews?

I cry, eat chocolate, and then send out more queries. Haven’t had any negative reviews yet only harsh critiques. And I handle those by telling myself I’m the worst author every, why did I ever start writing, etc. Of course eventually I have to pick myself back up and say, no, you accomplished this, and this, and this. You can do this. You can make this better. Use this critique to get better.


Blog: http://tracynjorgensen.blogspot.com
Twitter: @TansyRagwort
Amazon Author Page:
Smashwords Author Page:

Even in a world without names, where neighborhoods are built on giant pillars and magic lurks in dark corners of humanity, usual people meet in typical ways—at work or by hiring a matchmaker. Boys do not meet girls sitting on their own headstones, or while running from giant cougar-like creatures. However, the Girl with Brown Eyes is not a usual girl. And the Boy, still with no title, is about to find that out for himself.
The Boy has no idea why mutant beasts keep attacking him. It’s possible he spends too much time strolling through cemeteries. But, maybe these attacks aren’t random at all. Perhaps they are attempted murder, though nobody believes his claims. Yet. That all changes when the Boy plummets off his home pillar while being pursued by a flying monstrosity. The Girl with Brown Eyes is there – if not to save his life, then to at least verify his tale.
Now, unsure if she’s trustworthy or even where she came from, the Boy must make his way back up the pillars and discover who his assailant is . . . lest they learn the dangerous secret of the impending demise of the Girl with Brown Eyes.

Coming soon. To get ONE email and no spam to be notified when that is then use this link: http://immortalinkpublishing.com/notify.php?book=25

Is your book in print, ebook or both? Ebook or Print on Demand

No comments:

Site Meter