Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Recap

Saturday was Harry Potter Day. I spent most of it (besides caring for Alex and doing laundry) either waiting for UPS to deliver my book or reading. I didn't get the book until about 3:00 p.m., and yes, I was impatient. It would have been quicker to drive to Walmart and pick up a copy, but I'd preordered because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to take Alex to the store (depending on how he was behaving). Anyway, I finished the book and the Sunday morning. Without giving anything away, it was an enjoyable read. I foresaw a couple of things but not the main plot points. That's one of the things I respect Rowling for, her plotting. She does a great job of using minor details to great effect.

Anyway, Sunday the three of us drove to Evanston and met with the priest at the church where Alex will be baptized. Afterwards, we stopped by the Evanston Ethnic Arts Festival. The weather was perfect for it. I bought a couple of silk purses (one for a friend) and a pair of earrings. Afterwards, we stopped at Babies R Us before heading home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, So glad to hear you guys are doing so well. I am glad you had a chance to sit and get through a great book. Sandra when you get a chance would you forward me the address where I can get a peek some more pics of your gorgeous baby. Do you need my email address?

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I've got your e-mail address, Dear NYer. You've been sent an invite.

Anonymous said...

Got it! And, Love it. Thank you.

Site Meter