Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Out and About

Would you believe I haven't filled up my car since May? I wasn't able to drive last month while I was recovering from surgery. But last week I was cleared by my doctor. Now I can take Alex to the doctor or run errands; I just need to time things so that he's sleeping. Last week I even got to go to the bookstore with him. We also managed to visit the Chicago Botantic Garden on Sunday with him. Although he kept us up during the night, he was quiet in his stroller. I didn't bring my camera because we had enough to haul around as it was. Eugene, of course, took his camera, so he may post some pictures when he has the chance.

Writing: Sigh, I haven't had a chance to do anything for a while, and two of my OWW critters have new chapters up. Do I work on that or my own stuff? And what project should I work on? It's too much for my sleep-deprived, post-partum brain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, I bet you wouldn't have it any other way. Enjoy this time as hard as it may be, it goes by really fast. You two are doing great :)

Anonymous said...

For me, the first 4 weeks or so with both of my kids were the hardest - baby blues, adjusting to a whole new identity, having this tiny, dependent being to take care of. After that, things gradually started getting better, and I can say I started really consistently having fun with them after about 3 months. Not that I didn't have fun with them before, but the fun/difficult scale tipped more to the fun side after that age. And, I was healed and starting to get a bit more sleep, which is a huge factor.

I have heard the first 3 months of a baby's life referred to as "the fourth trimester" of pregnancy, and I can really see why. But, Dear NYer is right, it goes by incredibly fast. Enjoy it as much as you can while you can!

Site Meter