Sunday, October 29, 2006

Out of the Closet...

Today was an extra hour long, thanks to the end of Daylight Savings Time, and we had a sunny Sunday. We'd been talking about going to the Chicago Botantic Gardens. So, what do we do?

We clean out the closet in the office.

It turned out that neither of us was really insistent on going to the garden--I wasn't in the mood for a long drive today. So Eugene decided to tackle the closet, since we'd been talking about it for a while. I have to admit he did most of the work moving things in and out. We were able to get rid of some old papers, and I undid a sweater I started to crochet several years ago but never finished. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Eugene modeling his blue wig afterwards. But we did have fun finding some blasts from the past:

* a picture of my father in his service uniform (I called my dad and asked if he still had it, but he laughed and said no)

* trophies from high school forensics

* my school records, going as far back as kindergarten

* postcards, greeting cards, and letters. I even found a couple from Russ.

* Star Trek fan magazines

* Beatles calendars and other collectibles


We're going to store some of things at Eugene's parents' house until we get our own place. Hopefully then we can move other things into the office closet to make the office less of a landmine.

No comments:

Site Meter