Saturday, December 10, 2005

Girl Time

I meant to commit an Act of Blog last night, honest; I just wound up being too tired.

Last night was one of the rare occasions when Eugene and I had different plans for the evening. He went to a basketball game with his family, and since I'm not much into sports, I stayed home. (I'm glad I didn't have to drive in to meet them anyway, given the snow we've been having.) What did I do with all of that free time? I had a nice chat with Sue over Skype while I wrote two reviews. One of my reviews was on a short chapter I'd seen before, but this time so many questions came to me as I read it that my review was nearly as long as the chapter. The author thanked me, though, so I hope it was useful for him. After that, I spoiled myself for a bit. I gave myself a facial--steaming, mud mask, the works. (Russ, you're going to have some competiton for the title of Best Skin Care Blog! ;) ) Then I soaked in the bath for a while. By the time I got done with that, I was too drowsy to write, so I went to bed. Exciting, huh?

I haven't gotten as much done today as I'd hoped. I did do laundry and start another review (which I didn't finish), but I haven't written anything or even printed out labels for Christmas cards. Bad Sandra! And of course I haven't written today yet either. But I did get to talk with another friend of mine, and she had some exciting news. No wonder I've been distracted, but I'm happy for her.

Eugene should be home soon, but maybe I can start something before then (he might be delayed because of the snow.) I don't know if we'll go out tonight; if we do, I think it'll just be to B&N. Writing in the bookstore is easier because I feel I have to work, not goof off.

Til later, then....

No comments:

Site Meter