Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Books in the Time of COVID-19

Whether you've been following the spread of COVID-19 since it first made the news or just realized its impact recently, we're all affected by it now. School is cancelled for my son, though he's doing e-learning this week. He was supposed to go on a class trip to Washington D.C. during spring break, but they cancelled it a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately, we got a refund for almost all the money we spent on it, so hopefully he'll be able to go next year. I'm not sure yet what my work schedule is going to be like, so child care may be a challenge.

Our local library is also closed, so I won't be able to pick up any more paper books until March. Maybe this means I'll finally start working on my pile of To-Read paper books. Of course, I have plenty of eBooks available through my Kindle account and library apps. Between books, crochet, and writing, I should be able to keep myself occupied at home.

Speaking of books, if you need something to read, I'm putting all my novels on sale. If they're not free, they're $0.99. This includes Ordinary Wonders: A Fantasy Short Story Collection, Twinned Universes, Seasons' Beginnings, Chaos Season, Fifth Season, and Summon the Seasons. Even my Season Avatars box set, which contains five novels and four short stories, is half off (normally $9.99, now $4.99). These links are universal, so you can go to your favorite eBook vendor.

Stay healthy, everyone, and we'll get though this together.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The next two weeks are going to be beyond weird for everyone.

emaginette said...

You stay safe too. :-)

Anna from elements of emaginette

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I thought our county libraries were closed but I passed one yesterday and it was open.

Tara Tyler said...

true that. things are so topsy turvy. i put my books on sale as well, and giving free sanitizer with them! and hopefully will have time to reformat my ebooks.
stay safe, for sure!

also wanted to say thanks for stopping by my Beast World campaign at Alex’s!

Tara Tyler Talks

Site Meter