Wednesday, January 01, 2020

2019 Books and 2020 Goals

Happy New Year and new decade! (Yes, it's OK to start counting a decade from a year ending in "0.") I'm sure you're not reading this exactly at midnight, so I hope you had a chance to recover if you were out celebrating. Due to the holiday, the Insecure Writer's Support Group is posting next week, so in the meantime, let's talk books.

Every six months, I like to review my reading progress, so it's time to look back at my reading in 2019. My original goal was to read 150 books. This year, I came across a few series with fast-paced books that I devoured, so I had no problem meeting this goal. In fact, I increased my goal to 160 books and passed that. I ended up with 167 books, with a couple more in progress to kickstart my 2020 reading. Here's the genre breakdown:

Fantasy: 78
Science Fiction: 37
Other Fiction: 25
Nonfiction: 27

Here are my recommendations:

The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
Storm of Locusts
Here and Now and Then
The Murderbot series
The Modern Magick series
This is How You Lose the Time War

And, of course, the collections and anthologies with my own stories: Hidden Histories, Ordinary Wonders, and Glass and Gardens: Solarpunk Winters.

As for 2020 goals, I plan to set the same reading goal of 150 books. My writing plans include finishing up my urban fantasy trilogy and hopefully returning to the Season Avatars and Catalyst Chronicles worlds. Best of luck to you with your goals too!

No comments:

Site Meter