Wednesday, April 03, 2019

IWSG: Scene Help

Welcome to April! It's starting to warm up around here (though not consistently), and plants are slowly regaining their green. Hopefully spring will be in full force soon. In the meantime, best of luck for those doing the Blogging A-Z Challenge! This would have been an ideal time to use a Star Wars costume theme, since we're going to Star Wars Celebration in Chicago in a couple of weeks. I still have so much to do beforehand, so it's good for my sanity that I lightened my blogging schedule.

Speaking of blogging schedules, it's time for my monthly Insecure Writer's Support Group Post. You can learn more about the IWSG on their website, Facebook, or Twitter accounts.Our hosts are J.H. Moncrieff, Natalie Aguirre, Patsy Collins, and Chemist Ken. Our question this month is If you could use a wish to help you write just one scene/chapter of your book, which one would it be?

As a pantser, I find this a difficult question to answer. I'm finally working toward the final act of Dryads to Discover.  I know key events, and I also know how I want to end the book. However, I don't have this broken down yet into scenes and viewpoints. So, if I had to pick a scene to get help with, it would probably be the climatic moment when my heroes confront their foe. However, if I could get a general writing wish, it would be to have all the knowledge and research already done for my latest historical novel idea.

What's your writing wish? Feel free to share it in the comments.

 


7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If there was a way to plug information directly into our brains...well, we'd be in the Matrix then.
Smart to keep your sanity this month.

Natalie Aguirre said...

You'd think the climax would be easy but it's not. I only have a general idea of how mine will work, which has me worried. But I'm not quite to my mid-point so I still have some time. Hope yours works well.

Shah Wharton said...

I'm also a Panster and the only 'scenes' I can identify with in line with Plotters are first and last. Lol. Opening any story is easy in the beginning, but it's during the revisions where my mind closes in on itself in search of an ever-elusive perfection. Same with the big climax and closing scenes, no doubt.

emaginette said...

No doubt your genre of choice keeps you busy in the research department. ;-)

Anna from elements of emaginette

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I wish we were closer. Chicago has such great cons.

Diane Burton said...

The big, black moment is not easy. I know what it should be, but the writing doesn't always convey it. Then I have to rewrite and rewrite. I like your general wish. Me, too. Good luck!

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone!

Site Meter