Monday, September 17, 2018

Writing Book Recommendations

One of my resolutions this year was to read at least ten books on writing craft or marketing books. Although I started off pretty well, I just looked at my list on Goodreads and realized I've only read three books out of the ten. I just started listening to a Great Courses lecture series on writing great fiction, so even though I don't list my audiobooks on Goodreads, I might still count the series toward this goal--assuming I finish it before the end of the year. I probably have some books already in my collection, but I thought it might be helpful to see what other people recommend. Feel free to list your favorite writing books in the comments.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My favorite will always be Save the Cat.
I'd certainly count that audio book.

PT Dilloway said...

Lawrence Block's books on writing are good. And he's been writing books for 50 years so he knows what he's talking about. A guy I knew on writers.net swore by Dwight Swain but that guy never sold much outside of books on writing.

Site Meter