Monday, August 13, 2018

Signal Boost: Writers of the Future "Firewall"

One of the most famous contests for science fiction writers is the Writers of the Future contest. It was started by L. Ron Hubbard, who also founded the Church of Scientology. The church continues to run this contest, though there is supposed to be a "firewall" between the two. However, as Writers of the Future winner J.W. Alden discusses on his blog, contest winners may find themselves in for more than they bargained for. The link to this blog entry was posted in a public Facebook group, so I'm boosting the signal here. I think I did apply to this contest a couple of times when I was starting out, but I'm glad now that I didn't advance. You're welcome to comment either here on on Alden's original post.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I saw his blog post about it. Glad I've never entered that contest.

PT Dilloway said...

Definitely don't want anything to do with Scientology.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

It's good that the word is getting out, Alex!

Pat, I feel the same way.

Site Meter