Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Favorite Literary Couples

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm doing better, though it'll probably be a couple more days before I'm feeling 100%.

In honor of the day, I thought I'd mention some of my favorite literary couples. In general, I like reading about relationships where there's more focus on witty banter than body parts and the love develops over time. For banter, I like Benedick and Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing (particularly since I've seen the movie version a few times) and Alexia Tarabotti and Lord Maccon in Soulless. (In my opinion, their banter is best in this book.) I also liked The Time Traveler's Wife, since we see Henry and Clare's relationship develop over time (though it does feel a little odd that she developed a crush on him as a child).

What are your favorite literary couples? And would anyone be interested if I wrote a four-part series about the couples in the Season Avatars series? Let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Much Ado About Nothing - back when the actor and actress were still a couple!
Too early to think of my favorite but I'll revisit when my brain wakes up.

PT Dilloway said...

You're right that Time Travelers Wife is a bit creepy. I don't really read romance so I can't think of a couple.

Site Meter