Wednesday, March 16, 2016

My Hugo Nominations

No matter how much I read, I still feel like there's so much out there I haven't touched yet.  And of course, in order to read and write as much as I do, I end up ignoring almost all TV shows and movies. Still, with the Hugo nominations due by the end of the month, it's better to put something down in a few categories than not nominate at all. So here are my picks (you can make up to five per category):

Best Novel: Dark Orbit, by Carolyn Ives Gilman; and The Duality Bridge, by Susan Kaye Quinn

Best Novella: Sappho's Agency, by Lizzie Newell

Best Short Story: "Broken-Winged Love," by Naru Dames Sundar, in Strange Horizons

Best Dramatic Presentation (Long Form): Star Wars: The Force Awakens


The fiction nominations are split between traditional and indie publications. I have to admit I considered nominating my own SF Women A-Z: A Reader's Guide, for Best Related Work just for fun, but it doesn't seem right.

I know most of my blog readers don't care about the Hugos, but what do you think were noteworthy books, TV shows, or movies from last year? Feel free to share them in the comments.

3 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

It's time for that again? Seems they're still talking about last year's.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Be stunning if someone like Susan won. But yeah, otherwise I don't really follow them. The books that tend to win are ones I wouldn't read.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

It seems like they talk about the Hugos year-round, Pat!

Alex, I'm sure someday an indie will win. I agree that I didn't enjoy a lot of the books that were nominated last year.

Site Meter