Friday, September 11, 2015

Science of the Week: 9/11/15

Where were you when you heard the news about 9/11? I'd been in the lab at my old job and came back to my desk. There was a message on the phone from my husband, telling me what had happened. While my co-worked chatted about something else, I burst out with the news. That definitely changed the tone of the office. I spent a lot of the day trying to find out how my friends in New York were doing. Thankfully, they were all OK.

Anyway, here are some of the most interesting science news articles I read this week:

Organic "computers" made of DNA could process data inside our bodies

Researchers demo solar water-splitting technology

Farthest galaxy detected

Customizing 3-D printing

Researchers transform recoded cells into factories that produce novel proteins

New species of human ancestor discovered in South Africa

Fertilize the ocean, cool the planet?

Have a good weekend, and see you Monday!








3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I was at work and we all crammed around the television to watch what was happening. I saw the plane hit the second tower live and it was chilling beyond words.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I didn't hear about it until afterwards. That must have been shocking to see the second attack live.

Stephanie Faris said...

I was on the way to a computer class for work and heard the news on the radio. The news ended up derailing the class for the rest of the week because even the instructor was distracted!

Site Meter