Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Food in Spaaaaaaace!

First, since it's the 15th, I have a post up at the Scene 13 group blog. Our theme this month is "Mayday! Mayday! Overcoming challenges and obstacles." I chose to focus on the first part of the theme: Mayday, a call for help. What motivates protagonists to ask for help? To find out more, click here.

It's hard to believe WisCon is next week. I'll be participating in a panel on food in space, reading from Twinned Universes, and participating in the Sign-Out on Monday. I'll also help out at the Broad Universe table at some point, though I don't know when yet.  Trying to prepare for WisCon and my son's upcoming birthday party while keeping up with writing and work is always a challenge. I have a couple of books I'd like to use for examples of food on a spaceship, but I could always use more. Does anyone have any that they'd like to recommend? If so, please add them to the comment section. Thanks!


3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Can't think of any. Cool you get to be on a panel at the Con.

PT Dilloway said...

I'm not sure what you mean by food on a spaceship. You mean being grown/produced there or just being consumed there? I bet there's something in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, though I can't think of anything specific right now.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks, Alex!

PT, the panel is going to discuss all aspects of food on spaceships. And every time I think of food in the HHGG series, I think of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, which probably doesn't fit.

Site Meter