Thursday, January 07, 2010

Baking Day

Since we were supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow today, I took the day off from work. I have a lot of vacation time this year, and my boss didn't mind. Although I haven't written much (Alex didn't nap for very long today), I did manage to bake a loaf of our regular sandwich bread (a variation of nine-grain honey bread, made in the bread machine), two loaves of potato bread, and a batch of lemon scones. The last two recipes were new to me. The potato bread wasn't too difficult, but I had more trouble with the scones. I had to cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork, and the scone pan we have increased the baking time (the recipe called for cutting the scones into wedges and baking them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, but I wanted to try the scone pan). They were still good. We had the potato bread with homemade lentil soup--a good dinner for a winter night.

No comments:

Site Meter