Friday, May 15, 2009

Week in Review

It's been a hectic week, which is why I haven't blogged much. It doesn't help that I haven't been sleeping well. Lately, my eyes keep popping open around 5 a.m., and I can't fall back asleep. Eugene jokes that that's because I'm addicted to Pet Dragons 2 on Facebook. Yes, I do creep downstairs to check on my dragon and send her on missions, but I don't think that's the only reason. WisCon is next weekend, and I have to prepare for the three panels I'll be on. The next weekend is Alex's birthday and party, and the week after that I'm off to California on a business trip. With all that's going on, it's hard to relax enough to fall asleep.

Last Sunday was my second Mother's Day after Alex's birth. When I came downstairs that morning, I found not only two bunches of flowers, but also a balloon almost as big as Alex. My two men gave me a gift certificate to a local spa. After Alex's nap, we had brunch with our families and gave them photos of Alex and picture frames he'd made in daycare (with a little help, of course). Eugene took some photos, but I don't have them.

Work has been busy too, as we're starting a new project. It's still in a state of flux, so I'm going to hold off on discussing it until it's a little more settled.

With the rest of my life in such a rush, unfortunately my writing has been a bit slow. Fatigue doesn't help; I took Wednesday lunch off from writing to lay down for a half hour. Sometimes that's more productive than staring bleary-eyed at the screen and writing "grnewksafh;e" over and over. The scene I started last week was too tough to write (neither Paul nor I knew what was going on), so I scratched it and gave him something easier to do (relatively speaking). At least the scene I struggled with helped me figure out how Paul would react to this situation. I also did some research for a later scene; Facebook put me in touch with some people who could help me. Finally, I returned to a flash story I started a while back to keep the muse busy while he stalled on Across Two Universes.

Eugene and I actually got a date night today. Our daycare center holds them periodically, so we take advantage of them when we can. We originally planned to see the new Star Trek movie, but since we got home from work later than expected, we just went out for a nice dinner.

That's all the news I have for now. Hopefully next week will be better for me on the blogging front.

1 comment:

Elana Johnson said...

I've heard the Star Trek movie is awesome; too bad you didn't get to see it.

Good luck with your panels and dragon missions and stuff! ha ha! :)

Site Meter