Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Hoppy Easter...Finally!

Those of you who've been following my blog for a long time (at least a year) may remember how Alex spent his first Easter--in the hospital. We brought him to ER in the middle of the night when his fever didn't respond to Tylenol, and he not only had a bad ear infection but also an elevated white blood cell count. You can read the full story here.

This year, although Alex and I are both congested, we're well enough to do things. So we made up for lost time. I took him to an egg hunt at a local park yesterday morning. He was tired and clingy, so I wound up picking up the eggs--all two of them. One had candy I didn't feel he could eat yet; the other, a tiny yellow duck. I don't know why they included that, as it looked like a choking hazard. Alex studied it for a while, then dropped it back in his basket.

After Eugene came home, we colored a few eggs. Alex helped, though he used his hands to dunk the eggs more than the spoons. Afterwards, he climbed back up on a chair to play with the eggs. Before long, they were all cracked so severely I wound up tossing them all. Oh well; at least we don't have to eat them.

This morning, Alex got his Easter basket. It included a toy camera, two books, bubbles, a chocolate bunny, and some chocolate eggs. Later, we had brunch at a nearby banquet hall. The buffet tables were well-stocked with both breakfast and lunch items, including oatmeal (I thought Alex might like it, but he didn't), lox, shrimp, ravioli, lasagna, and more food than I could sample. I didn't even make it to the carving stations! There were also two sweet tables, one with homemade ice cream and the other with a chocolate fountain. Once Alex discovered the cookies, he kept grabbing us and leading us over there for more.

After Alex napped, we visited Eugene's family. Alex got upset because he wanted to go outside, so we brought him to a nearby park. He loved the slide and kept asking for it after we left. His mood improved once he ate a little more. He fell asleep on the way home. We wound up having to wake him up to change him into his overnights and pajamas. He was tired, but it still took me a long time to get him settled in his crib. I hope he sleeps through the night!

It's getting late, so I'll post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Windsong said...

Glad you had a good Easter. I look forward to the pics. :D

Site Meter