Friday, January 23, 2009

Week in Review

The owner of our company (it's part of a Japanese company that's been in the same family for over a century) came in today for our annual update. We get a free lunch when he comes in; today we had both sushi and pizza. The downside to the "free lunch" is that I don't get to use my lunchtime to write. I did manage to sneak away long enough to update my blog. Between trying to recover from a lingering cold/sore throat (it's been so bad at times I've gotten up in the middle of the night for a lozenge) and not sleeping well, I haven't blogged in a few days.

MLK Day: I was lucky enough to have a holiday from work while the daycare was still open. After dropping Alex off, I came home, intending to do some chores, when Eugene called me. He had left his keys for the clinic at home, and he had a client coming in in an hour. We wound up meeting at a bookstore halfway between the clinic and home so I could bring him the keys. After buying a few books, I returned home, did the dishes, vacuumed the house, went to the doctor's office for a blood draw, ran a couple of errands, tidied up my office, and even worked on Across Two Universes for a bit before getting Alex. I had planned to give myself a mini-facial or a manicure, but it didn't work out, as usual.

The Inauguration: I didn't get to watch it live. I tried watching the feed on, but it froze partway through Aretha Franklin's song. How aggravating! At least we recorded it, so I was able to watch it Tuesday night. It's exciting to have a new president, even in these tough times. I wish Obama and his family lots of luck in the next four years.

Alex: Alex seems to be over his cold, but he's started waking up in the middle of the night again. I had to get up at midnight once, and Eugene had to get up last night around three; it took him over an hour to soothe Alex back to sleep. But he's starting to hug us now, so that makes it all worthwhile. Lately Alex insists on touring the basement several times a day, asking for "seesee."

Writing: I finished writing a speech for my father-in-law last night and sent to him. I'm currently revising/editing the second chapter of ATU. Ideally, I'd like to finish two chapters a month. Since I completely rewrote the first chapter, I really need to find a couple of reviewers to comment on it. I don't feel like posting it on the Online Writing Workshop. (I've put several versions of the book there already, and I've been inactive for a while, so I may need to establish some new crit relationships.) I'll post it on RallyStorm tonight.

The lunch hour is almost up, so I need to grab some leftover pizza before it disappears. I'll be back on Sunday with another Blog Chain post!

No comments:

Site Meter