Saturday, April 29, 2006

Dinner Last Night

I'm sure by now everyone is wondering what Eugene made me for dinner last night. At long last, I can reveal the answer: surf and turf, specifically steak and crab legs. I haven't had crab legs since my company's Christmas dinner, so they were a welcome treat. The only problem was we didn't have crackers (or whatever they're called) to open them, so the best we could do was cut them open with kitchen shears. A bit of a pain, but still worth it. The sides were potatoes and peas, washed down with wine. For dessert we had berries, though we were so full we waited a while before having them. At least I got a chance to chat with Sue in the meantime. Dinner wound up being later than normal, and since we were both so full, it's a good thing we didn't make plans to go anywhere. So it was a quiet day, but as long as I got to spend it with my husband, I'm happy.

For the rest of today, I need to pick up the rest of the wedding pictures (I'm sure Russ is thinking, "It's about time!"), finish my chores, and hopefully get some writing done. Sue told me she's going to revise her latest chapter, so I won't crit it on OWW. Perhaps if I come up with some ideas she might be able to use, I'll e-mail them to her. My mother-in-law is treating us for dinner tonight; afterwards, Eugene and I might hang out at a bookstore so I can write there.

3 comments:

Russ said...

YEAH!!!!!!

Just kidding. I can be content with the "care package" I just received in the meantime...

Anonymous said...

Sandra, I hope you post a few more photos on your blog for all of us to enjoy :)

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I'll ask Eugene to scan some, Dear NYer. It may be a couple of days, though. And I'm not posting all 971 of them!

Site Meter