Saturday, May 20, 2006

Dishing It Out

Marriage involves growth, change, and compromise on both sides. That's why today I allowed Eugene to drag me (though without kicking and screaming) into the 21st century. That's right, we no longer just have basic TV; we have dish.

I never bothered with cable or satellite TV when I was living on my own. Since I spend so much time in front of the computer, for me it didn't make sense to pay for TV when I don't have time to watch it. I know 99% of people do watch TV, though, so I knew that when Eugene started living with me, he'd want more channels (not just ABC) and much better reception. To be honest, we're both surprised he held out over eight months. But World Cup is coming up soon, and he didn't want to miss that. So he compared cable and satellite TV before deciding to go with the dish.

The installation guy came fairly early, around 8:30. It took him close to three hours to get everything set up, though. It wasn't a typical installation, as he wasn't able to use the cable outlet already in place and had to run the line between our patio doors. I'm not sure we got everything Eugene asked for; he'll have to check on that. But it is working; all we have to do is figure out how to use the remote. And now that we have so many channels, even I might find something to distract me from writing--as if I need more distractions!

No comments:

Site Meter