Monday, February 20, 2006

Weekend in Review

Sorry to all for the absence. I didn't plan to take a few days off from blogging, but the last couple nights I just didn't feel like writing when I sat down in front of the computer. Too tired, I guess. So time to make up for it now.

I had today off, so I had a three-day weekend. Saturday I spent a fair amount of time cleaning; I straightened out the closet (and found the floor!), picked up the living room, unearthed my desk, dusted, and vacuumed. I also made pizza from scratch. I made the dough in the bread machine the day before, and I used a baking stone and our new pizza crisper. I think it turned out pretty well this time; I've had problems with the dough not baking properly in the past. After dinner and the laundry, Eugene and I watched A Day at the Races, featuring the Marx Brothers. It was pretty funny, especially when the three of them were in the same scene. Eugene wished there was a blooper reel, but I guess the movie itself was the blooper reel. I also worked on my afghan and crocheted a few more rows without encountering more Gordian knots. I didn't get much writing done that day, but I told myself I would make it up over the next two days.

Sunday was fairly quiet. I ran a couple errands and worked on a crit for Sue. We stopped in to visit Eugene's family and had dinner before our tango lesson. Since we were in Wisconsin last week, we missed class. One of the instructors worked with us to help us get up to speed. For a while, it seemed like we were getting the hang of things, but then we worked on a more difficult move, and it got a little frustrating again. Our other instructor said that was normal. We have two more classes at Level Three, which is as far as these instructors go. The classes will be longer so we have more time to work on turns. In the meantime, we really do need to practice at home this week, even if we lack space and the proper flooring. I didn't get much writing done Sunday either.

This brings me to today. Since I had the day off, I slept in a little and did some other things, like finish the review for Sue, return the DVDs to the library, and update my website. I added a new chapter of Key, (after over a year since I started the story), an essay about my short story sale, and a photo gallery of Oscar the whale and his trip to Madison. The main link to my website is below, but here's the one to the photo gallery:

http://www.sandraulbrich.com/wheres%20oscar.htm

I did manage to write a little of Day, but it wasn't as much as I'd hoped for. It seems that I never get as much done as I want, but then again, I have too much that I want to work on. At least I'm glad I had the chance to update my website. I also signed up for panels at WisCon, so we'll see if I'm assigned to any.

And Dear NYer, I'll see about getting Eugene to take my picture so you can see my haircut, but I might wait until tomorrow to post it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, there you are ;) Sounds as if you were busier than not.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Oscar had fun in Madison too ;)

Site Meter