Friday, April 30, 2010

Post on Writer Beware!

I think this is going to be a record for me: three posts in one day! But I thought it was important to share this link with you. It's a guest post on the Writer Beware Blogs!, and the topic is the downside of self-promoting too soon. If you're pressed for time (and who isn't?), then blogging, tweeting, etc., can eat up much of the time you should be spending writing. That's not the only drawback, however. Head over there to learn more. The guest blogger, Alyx Dellamonica, has written a fantastic book called Indigo Springs. It's a beautifully written book about what happens when three friends discover magic welling up in an old house. Go check it out too!

1 comment:

Michelle McLean said...

Didn't read the article yet, but I know my publisher told me not to do any major interviews until the book released. If you start promoting too soon, people will be looking for your book before it's out and may buy a different one instead when they can't find yours. And by the time your book does come out they won't remember it.

Site Meter