Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Multibooking

Before I bought my first Kindle, I normally read one book at a time. These days, however, I typically read multiple books in multiple formats, depending on what's available. At home, I may focus on paper books (since I seldom take them anywhere to read). If I have library books checked out, they get first priority since I only have them for a few weeks. However, I may also have another paper book of my own in progress. (I admit they tend to be last in priority these days, which explains why I never make progress on my paper TBR pile.) Of course, I'll have another book in progress on my Kindle, which I'll read when my husband is driving us somewhere, at night in a darkened room, or wherever I may have a few minutes. I also have a Kindle app on my smartphone. While I can sync between the phone and my Kindle, I don't always have an Internet connection to do that. So there may be times when I have another e-book in progress on my phone. I even listen to audiobooks while I'm driving or doing chores. This means I could have four or five books in progress simultaneously! Multibooking (as I like to call it) may seem crazy, but somehow I manage to make it work.

Do you read multiple books at once? If so, do you read in different formats or all one format? Feel free to answer in the comments.

4 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

I mostly play kindle books in the car and sometimes read paper books at home.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I haven't picked up a physical book in a long time. All eBooks on my iPad now. And I found I can read two at once. But that's the limit.

Crystal Collier said...

I'm totally with you. I've gone one always loaded on my kindle, at least 3 to 5 up on my phone, and a physical book in the works. But then, I've always been that way, even before digital media.

Maria Zannini said...

I used to when I had a 9-5 job. There'd be one book in my car, another at work, and the book de jour at home.

I did it only so I'd have something to do if I'm kept waiting anywhere, but in a perfect world I prefer to concentrate on only one book at a time.

Site Meter