Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Hugo Recommendations

As a supporting member of last year's Worldcon, I'm eligible to nominate works for the 2016 Hugo. (That is, assuming I ever get my PIN for the process.) While many fans may not care who wins, the awards are still prestigious. Although I read a lot of books last year, I'm not sure how many of them were actually published in 2015. I also haven't read a lot of short stories, graphic novels, or related works. And of course I haven't had time to watch TV (besides what Alex has on) or seen any other movies besides The Force Awakens. So if you have any recommendations, please feel free to list them in the comments. Thanks!

5 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

I haven't read anything current enough.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Me either. Most of the releases from last year that I read were fantasy.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

That's OK, Pat.

Fantasy is certainly eligible, Alex!

Crystal Collier said...

I'm right there with you. My reading list features books that are typically a few years old because I've been waiting that long to read them. Okay, not waiting, but working toward.

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

Sorry, I'd be no help.
Maybe, if you're stumped. you can vote by authors you love. I think a lot of people do that, anyway.

Site Meter