Monday, February 22, 2016

Blurb for Chaos Season

I still need to contact all of my beta reviewers from Scattered Seasons to see if they would like to read Chaos Season as well.Some other major tasks I need to do for Chaos Season are talk to Maria about the cover and format it properly, especially the Table of Contents. One thing I have done is work on the back cover text. Here's what I have so far:



Jenna Dorshay t’Reve isn’t your typical farmer’s daughter. Blessed with plant magic, she’s been impatiently waiting to take her place as Summer Avatar of Challen. All she and her sister Season Avatars have to do is tame a Chaos Season, a magical weather storm sent to Challen by a wrathful demigoddess. They’ve done this many times in other lives, but now strange plants resistant to Jenna’s magic make Chaos Season worse. Even the assistance of the War Avatar, father of Jenna’s child, may not be enough to stop the plants. Before Jenna can conquer the deathbushes and tame Chaos Season, she must fully link with the other three Avatars in her quartet, but to do so means revealing a secret that can tear them apart.
 
Does it pique your interest? Do you have any suggestions for wording changes? Please let me know in the comments.

6 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

I'd get rid of the farmer's daughter part. It gets me thinking of something inappropriate.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good so far. I'd condense the backstory and exposition a little.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Jenna can be inappropriate, Pat, but I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for your suggestion, Alex!

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

Not sure if you need "other three" when you have "quartet". Seems a bit redundant.

Maria Zannini said...

I think it reads fine. The only word I would change is 'strange'. It sounds too general in meaning. Maybe something more precise like: mutant or abnormal. Something to allude to something otherworldly.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks for pointing that out, Jennifer.

Thanks for the suggestion, Maria!

Site Meter