Monday, January 13, 2014

Blog Ring of Power--Kelly Oram

Today's guest is Kelly Oram, who's here to tell us about her current work, Ungifted. The schedule for her full interview is below:

About Me - Wednesday, January 8th @ www.terribruce.net
The Writing Life - Thursday, January 9th @ www.twfendley.com
The Creative Process - Friday, January 10th @ www.emilylabonte.BlogSpot.com
Words of Wisdom - Tuesday, January 14th @ www.vickilempweavil.com

Tell us about your new book and when it is out? Where can people purchase it? 

My next release is called Ungifted. It releases February 25th, 2014. It will be available on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble online. It’s the second book in my Supernaturals series. It’s about a human girl who discovers that the supernatural exist when someone tries to kill her. Then she learns that there’s something special about her and she has to figure out what it is, and who would want her dead because of it.

Is there anything new, unusual, or interesting about your book? How is it different from other books on the same subject? 

This book is about a girl that can’t be touched by any kind of supernatural magic. Werewolves and vampires can’t turn her, and magic has no effect on her. I’m not sure if I’ve seen that done before, but it sounded cool to me. 

What was the hardest part of writing this book? 

Getting the relationship between two of the main characters Grace and Ethan just right. They had to really hate each other, and be kind of jerks to each other while still being likable characters. They have a complicated history and an even more complicated connection. Having to balance them to get the type of relationship I wanted them to have was really difficult.

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?

Any scene that has Russ in it. He’s one of the main characters from book one, and he has a special place in my heart. I love writing him! He’s just so fun. He gets a pedicure and then kicks some evil witch butt with his bad-a warlock skills all in one scene. The guy rocks my world. I’m just saying…

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in this book?

I did change things. Many times. I think I’m good with it now. But ask me that again while I’m trying to finish book four and I think of something brilliant that would totally work only if… and I’m sure I’ll wish I could change things then.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? 

Eh, not really. I leave that to my book V is for Virgin. With this series I really just wanted to have fun, and I hope my readers get that message loud and clear.
   
Tell us about your book’s cover – where did the design come from and what was the design process like?

My cover comes from my super, fantastic, brilliant, creative, artistic genius of a husband. He does all of my covers for me. I basically tell him what I have in mind and he comes back to me with that same concept but, like, five million times better than I’d imagined it.


Kelly Oram wrote her first novel at age fifteen–a fan fiction about her favorite music group, The Backstreet Boys, for which family and friends still tease her. She's obsessed with reading, talks way too much, and loves to eat frosting by the spoonful. She lives outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and four children.

Blog: http://www.kellyoram.com/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelly-Oram/167476866620455
Goodreads author page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3203095.Kelly_Oram
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kellyoram
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Kelly-Oram/e/B003UPV4RA/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1387566560&sr=1-2-ent
Other: google plus : https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KellyOram/posts

Even though her father is running for President of the United States, Grace St. Claire is as normal a girl as they come. She’s clumsy, shy, and an outcast among her peers. She even manages to nearly die in a freak accident in front of the entire school. But when Grace survives a vampire attack she quickly learns that she is anything but ordinary.

There’s something about human Grace that has all the supernaturals around her going crazy. Her best friend’s brother suddenly wants to date her. Her worst enemy has sworn to protect her even against her wishes. Someone with very powerful magic wants her dead, and the vampire that attacked her has developed an obsession with making her his eternal mate.

In order to survive—and not as Count Dracula’s undead bride—Grace dives head first into the terrifying world of the supernatural. She teams up with a charming but mysterious warlock who strolled into town causing trouble and spouting stories of a Prophesy and Chosen One that looks exactly like Grace. Together they must figure out why Grace is different, who wants her dead, how she’s connected to the Chosen One, and who they can really trust.


Goodreads: UNGIFTED LINK: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18740852-ungifted

Here are the links to the first book in this series…

Goodreads: CHAMELEON LINK: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16047646-chameleon
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Chameleon-Supernaturals-Kelly-Oram-ebook/dp/B00DJVQ6AU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387566918&sr=8-1&keywords=chameleon+kelly+oram
BarnesandNoble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/chameleon-kelly-oram/1115799171?ean=2940016537177

No comments:

Site Meter