Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A New Netbook

Since I'm a slow writer with little writing time, I need to make the most of what time I can scrounge from my day. Sometimes I even write in the car while my husband drives, but even with a laptop, this can be cumbersome. I therefore recently decided to invest in a netbook as well. It arrived Monday at work, and since I was home with my son yesterday (who had another snow day due to the cold),I got to set it up, and Alex got to use it to drool over his Amazon wish list. Here are my old laptop and new netbook side by side. The netbook is small enough to fit into my purse and has a touchscreen. The battery life seems longer than the one on my laptop. It's a little tricky using the keyboard, since it's smaller than a normal one. The netbook has Skydrive, but I'm not sure I can get that to work on the laptop. I may have to transfer files between them with Dropbox or a flash drive. Today will be my test run of using it at work on my lunch hour.

Does anyone else have a netbook? If so, how do you like it? Do you have any tips for using it?

No comments:

Site Meter