Wednesday, January 09, 2013

"The Mommy Clone," A Catalyst Chronicles Short Story, Now Available

Actually, I published this story Sunday evening, but since I already had pre-scheduled posts for the last couple of days (and I needed to tweak something), I'm making the official announcement today.

For some time, I've wanted to write something in my Catalyst Chronicles universe set between Lyon's Legacy and Twinned Universes. I finally got an idea and a setting for a story late last year. Since I was sick and in bed Sunday, I had enough time to revise and format the story. Anyway, here's the cover and the blurb:

All Joanna wants to do is entertain her children for a couple of hours while her husband is busy. The multi-story bouncy house promises to be fun, but someone else stalks them, someone wearing Joanna's face. Will Joanna escape with both children, or will her son fall prey to the Mommy Clone?

(The cover was done by Meghan Derico of Derico Photography. She also designed the covers for Lyon's Legacy and "The Book of Beasts.") 

The story is currently free on Smashwords and $0.99 at Amazon and B&N. Please report the lower price to Amazon so they price-match. I want to use this story as a loss leader (at least for now) to encourage readers to try my other books. I'm also going to run an experiment with this short story and the next one I publish (which will initially be in the Kindle Select program for three months): is it better to use Select or price-matching for promotion? I'll report results when I have them. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the story!

6 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Good luck, Sandra. I'll be interested to hear how your KDP experience fares.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks, Maria! I do plan to post how well the freebies work for other sales once I have a few months' worth of data.

Unknown said...

Ooooo, congrats!!!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Good luck with your experiment. I will be watching for the results.

Unknown said...

Popped over here from the 'Indie Life' group ... nice to meet you! :-)

Love the cover, and also love that you're playing around with the price of your books. An important advantage independent authors have, and one I fully support using.

I feel my biggest obstacle at this point is just being unknown, so anything I can do to encourage more readers to give me a shot is likely the best strategy.

But I'm no marketing genius, so who knows? :-)

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I recognize your name, E.J., so you can't be that unknown. ;) I found out about the Indie Life posts after I'd already blogged yesterday, but I'm looking forward to participating next month.

Site Meter