Friday, November 02, 2012

Science of the Week, 11/2/12

It's been quite a week with Hurricane Sandy pounding the East Coast. (I'm so glad now I never liked the nickname "Sandy.") While I hope life will soon return to normal for the victims, it probably won't be the same "normal" for a long time, if ever.

Anyway, here are some other interesting science news stories from Science Blog this week:

Researchers use synthetic magnetism to control light

A little late for Halloween, but I couldn't resist including it anyway: Are there clinical explanations for vampires, werewolves, and zombies?

Empathy represses analytical thought, and vice versa

U.S. population moving where it's warm and dry

Researchers look beyond space and time to cope with quantum theory

That's it for this week. If you're doing NaNoWriMo, I hope you get a lot of writing done this weekend, especially with the clocks going back this weekend. Whatever you do, enjoy it!




No comments:

Site Meter