Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Broad Spectrum: The 2012 Broad Universe Fiction Sampler

It's hard to believe we're almost halfway through November, isn't it? If you're participating in NaNoWriMo, how's it going?

As you may know, I'm a member of Broad Universe, an organization dedicated to promoting women writers of fantasy, horror, and science fiction. Recently Broad Universe put out an anthology of novel excerpts and short stories written by several of its members. It's called Broad Spectrum: The 2012 Broad Universe Fiction Sampler. It's available for free on Smashwords and for $0.99 on Amazon.  (My understanding is they do want to make it free on Amazon too, so please go ahead and report the price difference.) I don't know if it's on B&N's website or not.

The author list includes several authors who've been interviewed as part of the Blog Ring of Power, including Karina Fabian, Danielle Ackley-McPhail, and Sue Burke. Although I haven't read the sampler yet, I have read some of the books that were excerpted here, including Silver Moon by Catherine Lundoff and Threaded Through Time by Sarah Ettritch. I enjoyed both of these books, and I hope you'll enjoy the sampler and discover some new authors. Go check it out!

No comments:

Site Meter