Sunday, January 11, 2009

This Could Be Deadly...

Deadly good, and deadly for any hope I have of losing weight, that is.

I saw this recipe posted in the Chicago Tribune today. It's for a brownie you can mix and microwave in a mug. The original source is actually here, though I see they omit the vanilla. Here's the Trib's version:

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
dash of salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Combine the dry ingredients in a mug and mix. Add the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. (I used a mini whisk for the first step, but a spoon works better when adding the oil, water, and vanilla. Make sure to dig into the bottom edge of the mug to mix in all of the flour.) Microwave for about a minute or so; the center should still be moist. Allow to cool and enjoy; I recommend adding a scoop of ice cream if available.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to make it at work. I could easily premix the dry ingredients in a sandwich baggie; figuring out how to bring in the oil and vanilla may be a little harder. I could always buy some to keep at work.

No comments:

Site Meter