Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Day

Another video appropriate for the day, this one by U2. As before, there's no embedding allowed, so you can find the video here.

We start the new year with January because Janus was the Roman god of beginnings and endings, looking backward and forward. Still, from a naturalistic perspective, it seems odd to start the new year at the beginning of winter. In my Season Lord trilogy, the country of Challen starts the new year with the first day of spring. Still, I did some extra cleaning around the house, worked out, and read a page from my 365 Tao book to get the new year started on the right note.

Many writers make a list of the projects they'd like to accomplish at the beginning of each year. Some of the projects on my list, such as getting Across Two Universes (formerly Lennon's Line) have been on there for far too long. It would be a big relief to get that one out the door to agents so I can move on to other projects.

On that note, I think I should finish this post and get back to doing something more productive. Have a happy 2009, everybody!

1 comment:

Maria Zannini said...

Happy New Year, Sandra. Hope 2009 brings you all your heart's desires.

Site Meter